TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

Screen shot from a text book

Is it possible to type an inequality operator like in the image above to be used in Stack Exchange Mathematics domain. It would be nice if I could add those H1 and H0 labels too.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Leo Liu, mafp, Gonzalo Medina, Speravir, hpesoj626 Mar 18 '13 at 0:58

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Welcome to TeX.sx! – hpesoj626 Mar 18 '13 at 0:30
up vote 3 down vote accepted

You can use \gtrless from amssymb:

  $\Omega(R) \underset{{H_0}}{\overset{H_{1}}{\gtrless}} \eta$

  $\Omega(R) \underset{{H_0}}{\overset{H_{1}}{\lessgtr}} \eta$

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
Sorry, Read that as \Lambda instead of \Omega. :-) – Harish Kumar Mar 18 '13 at 1:03

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.