TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am currently writing a paper where I mention the R programming language. I've seen some papers use a special symbol for R, but I can't figure out how to get it. Here's an example.

How do I get that symbol?

share|improve this question
Welcome to TeX.sx! – texenthusiast Mar 27 '13 at 15:10
up vote 17 down vote accepted

It is just \textsf{R}, or even \textbf{\textsf{R}}

share|improve this answer
Thanks that works! I am getting a font warning when I use this in a section title although the symbol is properly rendered, is there any way to fix it? – wizplum Mar 27 '13 at 16:08
Presumably because you configure your titles in such a way that the combination does not make sense. In most cases these font warnings can be ignored. For instance, there is most likely no sans serif small caps. – daleif Mar 27 '13 at 16:51

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.