I'd like to be able to use some
org-mode-like features inside of AUCTeX. In
org-mode, you can narrow the buffer to a node or you can flatout send the node to a separate buffer for editing.
How can this be done in AUCTeX? Specifically, I'd like to be able to perform a function that
- will determine the most specific environment it belongs in
- probably utilize point and mark to capture the environment in its entirety
- do one of two things:
- Narrow the buffer to this region (probably easiest)
- Send this region to another buffer where relevant changes in either buffer are reflected in each, and saving the 'narrowed' buffer saves the original file. (I'm not sure how this works internally in
org-tree-to-indirect-bufferand Indirect Buffers in the Emacs documentation.
The ideal option would be total emulation of
org-tree-to-indirect-buffer, and would probably involve only a few steps
- Making an indirect buffer from the current one
- Rename that indirect buffer to something useful (maybe
- Narrowing the indirect buffer