TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

enter image description here

As you can clearly see in the high quality diagram above, I'm looking for a way to get the nitrogen and hydrogen bonded like that in chemfig.

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

You're looking for \chemabove{<atom>}{<above>}:





enter image description here

Just for the record: there's also \chembelow{<atom>}{<below>}. I've described them in a little more detail in my answer to “Changing space between atoms in Chemabove

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.