TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

In my math book I see the notation for a collection of sets, which is like a fancy C. I don't know how to describe it beyond that. What's the LaTeX for it?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by cmhughes, Werner, Heiko Oberdiek, doncherry, Ian Thompson Jun 17 '13 at 22:51

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Should dustin's answer not help you, it would help if you could mention which math book we are talking about exactly. – Mythio Jun 17 '13 at 21:20
In the future, Detexify could help you to find which symbol you are looking for. – Sylvain Jun 17 '13 at 21:26
up vote 4 down vote accepted

\mathcal{C} maybe what you are looking for or \mathfrak{C}

share|improve this answer
Yep, \mathcal{C} is it, thanks. – Mika H. Jun 17 '13 at 21:23

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.