TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

A formula I want to typeset contains a tripple line integral, i.e. a symbol that has three integral signs that are encircled. How can I do this?

I tried \oiiint, but that does not work. \iiint works on the contrary.

share|improve this question
Have a look at “How to look up a math symbol?” for ideas how you can easily find a particular symbol. However, I can't find it myself using Detexify, but my mouse-drawing skills might be just to bad :-) – Martin Scharrer Mar 14 '11 at 17:28
Thanks, nice comment. – Ingo Mar 14 '11 at 17:32
@Martin: At the symbols link you can find out that the symbol isn't supported by Detexify, but you can send an e-mail to Daniel Kirsch. – Hendrik Vogt Mar 14 '11 at 17:34
@Hendrik: Thanks, it seems that it doesn't support the whole mathdesign package yet. – Martin Scharrer Mar 14 '11 at 17:39
up vote 7 down vote accepted

The mathdesign package defines \oiiint, as do txfonts and pxfonts packages, according to the comprehensive symbols list.

share|improve this answer
Thanks a lot! This really helpd. Unfortunately, this now requires a follow up question... – Ingo Mar 14 '11 at 17:31

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.