TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a mirror symbol for the $\neg$ symbol, or a symbol like $\vdash$ without the bottom part of the vertical line? I couldn't find it. Thanks.

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

\llcorner from amsmath or \niv from nath, amongst others. Just look in the usual places.

share|improve this answer

If you want something with the exact same proportions, you could rotate the original symbol

\neg \rotatedneg \vdash
share|improve this answer
what about vdash without the bottom part, instead of neg which removes the upper part? – kloop Mar 15 '11 at 1:41
@kloop sorry, I misinterpreted your question. I have edited my answer. – Ian Thompson Mar 15 '11 at 13:21

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.