Ever since I upgraded to OS X Mavericks—post hoc ergo propter hoc—I can no longer compile my dissertation using LuaLaTeX.
When running lualatex I first got the following error:
luaotfload | db: reload initiated; reason: “unresolved font name: ‘lucidacal
Segmentation fault: 11
'lucidacal' presumably refers to the Lucida Grande font, which I had installed in ~/Library/texmf. I removed ~/Library/texmf and ~/Library/texlive and now I get the following error:
luaotfload | db : Font names database not found, generating new one. luaotfload | db : This can take several minutes; please be patient.Segmentation fault: 11
I can reproduce this error by running luaotfload-tool --update. At some point I also got the following error:
luaotfload | db: Font names database not found, generating new one. Bus error: 10
I can't reproduce this, however.
I tried upgrading all packages using TeXLive but this didn't help.
I have no idea how to fix it and would be grateful for any clues!