I'm confused about the different TeX "dialects", and can help to wonder if any of the others is better than LaTeX that I'm using today.
Let's say I would like to write a document that would contain
- Include images/pictures in the document. Maybe a lot of screenshots.
- Show some C-code (include verbatim)
- Output a nice PDF with internal links to different places in the doc.
- Easy to install on Debian style distributions like Ubuntu.
- Command line driven, since most of my documents contain a lot of auto-generated content.
There is more, but I think the rest is kind of similar between the different TeX dialects. And to be honest LaTeX does a quite good job with point 2-5, but not really on the first point. (That is why I'm asking this question).
But since I don't know much about the "other TeX:s" could someone point me in the right direction?