Matthew Butterick of Practical Typography says that his preferred format (and, co-incidentally, the one I have to use for my technical writing class final paper) is one where
- Page margins [are] larger; line length [is] shorter (about 65 characters per line).
- Point size [is] smaller.
- Line spacing [is] reduced.
- Better fonts [are used] (Equity and Concourse)
- [There is only] one space between sentences.
- Hyphenation [is] turned on [and]
- [There is] no underlining.
Sample PDF Links
Is there some predefined documentclass or style that meets the criteria above? If not, how would I implement such a style myself?