I am about to print the dissertation in an online printing house in A4 format 222 pages adhesive binding. The printing house asked to send the cover of the dissertation in a separete file as a double page with a binding thickness of 15.4mm. I have the design in mind already (see image below) but I want to meet their demand concerning the spine thickness using LaTeX.
Cover Design (done in Inkscape 0.48)
Some points about the cover design:
- The cover in black and text in white
- Logo1 is the logo of the university as an image in pdf format and logo2 is the logo of the online printing house (Yes, they give a discount as thank you)
- In the book spine (15.4mm thick), the text direction should be from below upwards so that when the book lies on its face cover (in this case you can't tell which book is this) the text in the spine can still be read in the correct direction as shown in the left image.
- The location of logo2 (on the back cover) is below which I could not reproduce using LaTeX, I did my search on this issue, it seems never easy, so I wish there is some better solution by now
- I want to achieve this using KOMA-script and XeLaTeX, I can provide a MWE, but I think that won't make sense may be because it is more about the approach rather than LaTeX code