I have my project configured in Texlipse to create an index and I am issuing the \printindex command towards the bottom of my root TEX file. I have my files organized in a tree structure as indicated in my question here. When the project builds, the IDX file is properly generated and contains the terms I have placed in the index. The tool places the file however not in the intermediate folder but in the same folder where my root TEX file resides. I could live with that but, unfortunately, no index appears in the compiled document. Is this possibly a bug in Texlipse or do I need to do something else in order to include the index in my output document?
The makeindex problem in TeXlipse is well-known. I guess that it is a bug in TeXlipse.
I found a solution in my environment: Clean your project, here is important that no output.pdf file exits after that! Than build it again, for some unknown reasons now I have a index in my new pdf.
Another solution is to replace the pdflatex.exe in your build settings with an batch-script witch calls pdflatex - makeindex - pdflatex. There you can control witch files are used but of course it is not the right way to bypass TeXlipse here.
I found another nice way to run additional programs during the build process in this Question: http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/52549/11363
You can use it to run a makeindex manually for several conditions.
It's not clear where the
You should configure the call to MakeIndex to look for the file inside