I have tried to install XeTeX on my Debian system, but this does not appear to work. Here are the steps I took:
- I loaded TeX Live 2011 with
- I loaded a repository.
- I selected "not installed packages".
- I selected "collection-xetex".
- I clicked "install".
- The log reported the installation of the included packages, including
- Then a warning appeared saying "Running install collection-xetex failed. Please consult the log window for details."
The log reports the following:
/usr/local/bin/fmtutil: 1: xetex: not found Error: `xetex -ini -jobname=xelatex -progname=xelatex -etex xelatex.ini' failed#
fmtutil: Error! Not all formats have been built successfully. Visit the log files in directory /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-var/web2c for details.#
This is a summary of all
failed' messages:xetex -ini -jobname=xetex -progname=xetex -etex xetex.ini' failed `xetex -ini -jobname=xelatex -progname=xelatex -etex xelatex.ini' failed
tlmgr: exiting unsuccessfully (status 1).
Some additional details:
- I was unable to find a
xelatexcommand anywhere in the path.
- Rebooting the computer resulted in no known change.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling from a different repository produced identical results.
- The TeX Live Manager 2011 GUI currently reports that "collection-xetex" is installed.
What do I need to do to get XeTeX working?