I often have to write up reports based on the analysis of some data.
I use R to analyse the data and export tables, figures, and text.
This is then included into a LaTeX document either using
input or Sweave (see here for details).
However, when I collaborate with others, I sometimes need to provide a document in Open Office / MS Word format.
Thus, assume the simplest scenario
- I have a latex document with text, tables, and figures
- I need to export this reliably into Open Office or MS Word format: this includes mathematical formulas, table formatting, and quality figures)
- I don't need to go back from MS Word to LaTeX
What is a reliable, efficient, and preferably free process?
- Export to HTML,
- LaTeX - LyX - ODF
- Use odfWeave
- I also just saw this earlier question that deals with some specific issues associated with LaTeX to Open Office conversion
- I've also found this question about LaTeX to Word for resumes
I was hoping that there is an expert out there who has worked out a good system already.