TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
How to look up a symbol?

I've occasionally seen a little symbol (like a shortened square bracket turned on it's side) that appears below the baseline and is typically used to represent a space. How can I get that symbol in LaTeX?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by doncherry, Torbjørn T., egreg, Joseph Wright Jan 24 '12 at 18:42

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 8 down vote accepted

It's \textvisiblespace, have a look at the Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List.

See also the answers to this question: How to look up a symbol.

share|improve this answer
Wow, the Detexify classifier from the answer to the linked question is cool. Thanks! – Brandon Jan 23 '12 at 9:19

You can write \verb*" ". Here is a good example.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.