I have a title page containing several lines of text, e.g.:
Series Title Author Institution
I would like to fine-tune the distances between the lines, however, I do not understand which tools are proper for the task, what they actually do, and what the various available units of measure (such as
em) really mean once rendered on the page.
- Much of the documentation I have found, such as LaTeX/Paragraph Formation seems to focus on formatting entire paragraphs, whereas, I need more detailed control of specific areas.
- I have found various tools to control this, such as
\parskip, which seem to have similar effects on a document, but am unsure precisely how they work and in what situations they should be used.
I'm looking for any documentation, preferably with some example illustrations, explaining:
- What commands are available for controlling vertical distance?
- What are the proper situations in which to utilize these tools?
- What text height and baseline measurements or ratios are available to these various controls?
Although I am currently using this with a title page, I am looking for information related to a wider variety of situations that one might encounter when making a document.