Take the 2-minute tour ×
TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am using Scientific Linux 6.1. When I installed Kile it came with Texlive 2007 so I installed Texlive 2011 and made necessary changes to make Kile use Texlive 2011. The problem is , am unable to get pdf inverse search working. I was an Ubuntu user before and I have used kile + texlive 2009 with pdf inverse search for some years now. 1. I have configured things as before (modern configuration, synctex=1, set kile as default in okular etc) 2. the synctex.gz file is created, but when I shift+click on pdf file, nothing happens. I dont see any error/output messages either.

Please help.

share|improve this question
2  
If the name of the .tex file has an accented character like â or á, etc, the inverse search may not work. The same happens if the path to your file has some such char. –  leo May 20 '12 at 17:57
add comment

closed as too localized by Marco Daniel, lockstep, Joseph Wright Sep 1 '12 at 21:11

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.