Take the 2-minute tour ×
TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I use Texmaker (verion 3.4.1) and MikTeX 2.9 (which has been installed one week ago). Texmaker is configured to use biber: I replaced "bibtex %.aux" by "biber %". If I run LaTeX, then the file compiles without errors. The same goes for BiBTeX. But if I then run LaTeX again, then get error messages.

Here is a minimal working example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[english]{babel}
\usepackage{csquotes}
\usepackage[backend=biber,style=authoryear-comp]{biblatex}
\addbibresource{mybibliography.bib}
\begin{document}
\textcite{label}
\printbibliography
\end{document}

Here are the error messages:

! Undefined control sequence. ...c@refsection @entry@\blx@slist@name

l.39 \endentry

The control sequence at the end of the top line of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have misspelled it (e.g., \hobx'), typeI' and the correct spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue, and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

! Undefined control sequence. ...c@refsection @entry@\blx@slist@name

l.39 \endentry

There are no error messages if I replace backend=biber with backend=bibtex.

How can I solve this problem?

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Loop Space, Joseph Wright Sep 2 '12 at 6:09

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

    
This bug is fixed in the current development branch of biblatex. Install this branch to your local texmf tree and you can use biblatex. Here the link: sourceforge.net/projects/biblatex –  Marco Daniel Aug 9 '12 at 13:35
5  
Before you install some development branch: Run the update manager of miktex. In case you have a multiuser setup: do it in user + admin mode. (biber + biblatex works fine for me with an up-to-date miktex). –  Ulrike Fischer Aug 9 '12 at 13:56
    
I'm sorry about this, I accidentally uploaded a broken biblatex 2.1 to TL originally. This might have found it's way into MikTeX. The 2.1 on SourceForge and in TL now is correct. –  PLK Aug 9 '12 at 17:12
    
i still have the same problem after running biber –  user17701 Aug 17 '12 at 13:24
    
Please do kpsewhich biblatex.sty and paste here the top ten lines of the file which this returns. –  PLK Aug 19 '12 at 18:34
show 2 more comments

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.