Take the 2-minute tour ×
TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Possible Duplicate:
How to find a package name by a command name?

Sorry to ask such a simple question, but I wonder if there is any listing or any site that I can easily find the package for a command. For instance I want to use '\includegraphics{}' but I don't know how to find the appropriate package to use. This question applies in the other way as well. If I want to know what are the functions inside a package.

share|improve this question
I'd like to know the answer to this one too. Googling does not seem to work too well, because most documentation is hidden away in attached pdf files. –  donatello Dec 8 '10 at 10:57
This question was asked (and answered) in this post (possible duplicate). –  Hendrik Vogt Dec 8 '10 at 10:59
you don't need a package to use \mathcal: it just needs to be inside mathmode: $\mathcal{X}$ works fine without any packages... –  Seamus Dec 8 '10 at 11:05
I have written 'for example'. :D Ok I edit it to something more real. –  Yasser Sobhdel Dec 8 '10 at 11:14
This is difficult, I agree. Google was my friend, but the TeX world is big and finding the right way to do things can be very difficult. –  Lennart Regebro Dec 8 '10 at 11:14
show 2 more comments

marked as duplicate by Matthew Leingang, lockstep, Hendrik Vogt, Stefan Kottwitz Dec 8 '10 at 15:27

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

1 Answer

up vote 1 down vote accepted

If I'm running into such problems, the commands are mostly very exotic (not like includegraphics). I use the CTAN network package search to find a overview of packages which are delivering the desired macro. It's faster than google but not perfect :) I use the third text box on the linked site.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.