TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does anybody know the LaTeX Code for curly H used for Hausdorff dimension?

share|improve this question
Welcome to TeX.sx! Do you have a reference? Have you checked “How to look up a symbol?”? – Qrrbrbirlbel Nov 16 '12 at 3:25
Have you tried $\mathcal{H}$? – Mico Nov 16 '12 at 3:48

Below are two different math fonts that may assist you in what you want:




enter image description here

See the The Comprehensive LATEX Symbol List under Math Alphabets.

enter image description here

An alternative source for all TeX and LaTeX package information and general documentation is texdoc.net. For example, to find the symbol list, on can search for comprehensive and you will get two formats: a4 and letterpaper. Here is a snapshot:

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
Awsome!! Thanks. – rich Nov 16 '12 at 4:14
@rich Upvoting or accepting the answer can be form of thanking lol :-) – azetina Nov 16 '12 at 4:21
@azetina: please don't quote www.ctan.org (it puts unreasonable load on an old machine with poor connectivity, soon to be withdrawn), please use CTAN's preferred mirror.ctan.org instead. – wasteofspace Nov 16 '12 at 11:20
@wasteofspace Or simply google The Comprehensive LATEX Symbol List right? :-) – azetina Nov 16 '12 at 16:24
or else texdoc symbols – cmhughes Nov 16 '12 at 19:11

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.