Above is a terminal log for those who would make sense of it, but basically I have done the following things in order to get the lovely promises of Emacs' screenshots:
- Downloaded AucTeX through this question, which includes the package in question
- Realized Xcode's awful habits and made
makea thing in my actual path
./configureagain, 'successfully' - followed by
- Fired up Emacs, noticed the lack of menu (supposed to be tell-tale of a successful install) and then fired up proper
emacs, to no effect.
- Ran ./configure again, but specifying which emacs to work with (
Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs), and it gave an error about not being able to find my
texmffolder, so I ran it again with that (and the lisp directory, it couldn't find that either)
- Did some more research. Turned out I gave it the wrong lispdir at first (
site-lisp). Tried the same call again with the modified option.
The most recent call I ended up making was line 2490 in the log above:
./configure --with-texmf-dir=/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf \ --with-emacs=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs \ --with-lispdir=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp
Nothing has worked. Can anybody tell me what piece of this puzzle I'm missing? I'm running OSX 10.7.5.