TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am creating a basic leaflet using the (appropriately named) leaflet package. I immediately ran into the minor issue of an unexplained vertical "bar", similar to the pipe character, being typeset between the first and second columns of the second page. Even the example document and a very minimal leaflet document, such as





has this bar. (It is visible near the bottom right corner, due to page rotation.)

My question is: What is this vertical bar, and how do I get rid of it?

share|improve this question
Did you try the package option nofoldmark? – Stephan Lehmke Dec 18 '12 at 15:07
Yes, as soon as I realized that this bar was called a fold mark. Of course, this removed it. Thanks. – Ernir Dec 18 '12 at 15:09

Turns out, the vertical bar is called a "fold mark". It can be removed by changing the document class declaration to


In other words, "foldmark" is the default.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.