Tag Info

New answers tagged

2

A trial of a solution... I generated dummy directories with year/month/#day.tex files, just a file called #year.tex, i.e. 2014.tex etc. containing the line \section{#year} etc, whereas the #day.tex files contain \mytitle{Some Stuff}\blindtext In the most inner Foreach loop, I defined \CurrentFileName with the structure as above and use the \LaTeX macro ...


5

With all solutions I tried back in the day (definitely not all), I had at least one of the following issues. You have to manually specify which commands should be executed how often and in which order. Temporary files crowd the document folder. No automatic rebuild on file changes. No support for external tool X and hard to integrate. No help at all with ...


1

A few years ago I wrote a python program bibupdate that does essentially this. I came across this old post and I decided to make the program publicly available. So, I have just updated the code a little, added some documentation and a few improvements. Any one who would like to use it can download it from the bitbucket link above. What my program actually ...


5

This .tex code uses a counter called NumberOfRuns and writes its value to the .aux file at the end of the document (\AtEndDocument). In the beginning of the document, after the .aux file is read, the counter value is known and then increased. It is easy then to react to the current counter value via \ifnum or \ifnumexpr commands, for example from the ...


2

My objective was to be able to compile easily even if the system haven't latex installed or the package are not up-to-date compared to my own system (I used several computer without all the package or with a 2 years back version). I have a git repository to centralized all my source (you can use a draft repository easily). A Makefile similar to Charlie. In ...


1

This isn't the prettiest solution, but it gets some of the way towards what you wanted (i.e., using latexmk and a confirmation dialog): First, your first script can be substituted for something like this: for f in "$@" do file_ext=${f##*.} if [ "$file_ext" = "tex" ] then foldername=$(dirname "$f") filename=$(basename "$f" .tex) ...


1

Here is a small example demonstrating how the accepted answer's \pagetotal etc behave -- note they only seem to change after a \par (click for high resolution image): Here is the code used for it: \documentclass{article} % http://www.tug.org/utilities/plain/cseq.html#pagedepth-rp \def\tpageitemsB{% \the\pagetotal;% \the\pagegoal;% \the\pagedepth;% ...



Top 50 recent answers are included