Tag Info

New answers tagged

0

Solved! The problem was that the babel package was outdated. I runned MikTeX 2.9 Updater (Administrator) and I updated all the packages. After that and a LyX reconfiguration it works now.


0

I just happened to came with the same problem. As Ulrike Fischer and Javier Bezos pointed out, a simple update (as manager) from your MikTeX's administrative tools should work it out.


6

Turkish makes = active which is a known source of problems with keyval-arguments. You can deactivate it with \shorthandoff: \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage{lmodern} \usepackage[turkish]{babel} \usepackage{enumitem} \begin{document} \shorthandoff{=} \begin{enumerate}[label=\Roman*)] \item One \item Two ...


3

The documentation is far from clear, but I don't think there's much more to do than redefining the shorthand to do specific tasks depending on the current language: \documentclass{article} \usepackage[british,ngerman]{babel} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \addto\extrasbritish{% \languageshorthands{ngerman}% \useshorthands*{"}% } ...


5

There is a bug in the redefinition of \@chapter done by arabicore.sty; the same bug is in the redefinition of \@part. \def\@part[#1]#2{% \addtocontents{toc}{\xstring\select@language{\main@Arabi@language}}% \if@rl{\SAV@@part[\textRL{#1}]{\textRL{#2}}}% \else{\SAV@@part[\textLR{#1}]{\textLR{#2}}}% \fi} \def\@chapter[#1]#2{% ...


2

This seems to solve the problem. \documentclass[12pt]{book} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage[arabic,english]{babel} \begin{document} \chapter{Introduction \label{ch:intro}} We talked about the second chapter \ref{ch:poly}. \section{start} \section{end} \chapter{Polyglot \label{ch:poly}} We talked about the first chapter \ref{ch:intro}. ...


0

I do not know why, but none of the previous answers has worked for me. They showed me the right path though; adding just \deactivatequoting on the preambled fixed the problem. Calling babel with english as well as spanish does the trick, too \usepackage[spanish,english]{babel}


0

To resolve the problematic you can just put the theorem environment inside english context with the usage of otherlanguage environment , and your code becomes: \documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{book} \usepackage{tikz} \usepackage{fancyhdr} \definecolor{ocre}{RGB}{243,102,25} \graphicspath{{Pictures/}} \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage[LFE,LAE]{fontenc} ...


2

I'm only answering to get the question from the "unanswered queue". Personally I don't think that it is a good idea to overload ascii chars like this. There are too much potential places (e.g. the bib-file) where the char needs to have the "other" meaning. I myself use \MakeAutoQuote{«}{»} together with a sensible shortcut in my editor to put the quotes ...


6

The babel documention states: The macro \<lang>hyphenmins is used to store the values of the \lefthyphenmin and \righthyphenmin. Redefine this macro to set your own values, with two numbers corresponding to these two parameters. So that would be: \renewcommand\ngermanhyphenmins{66}


1

I found a simple solution: \usepackage[ngerman=nohyphenation]{babel}


0

Mexico is not an option for the babel package just put spanish and thats enough \usepackage[spanish]{babel} \begin{document} TEXT \end{document}


0

To get Hebrew to work with pdftex you need to install culmus-latex in order to have proper fonts. The jerus10 file you see reference to was part of the now obsolete Ivritex package. Typesetting Hebrew directly in latex is a nightmare of directionality and I would recommend you to avoid it. Lyx has good support for Hebrew and can be set up to work with ...


2

\mbox{-} should remove the breakpoint.



Top 50 recent answers are included