Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

6

It seems that you want to use your entry names as labels. To do that, simply add the following lines to your preamble: \DeclareLabelalphaTemplate{% \labelelement{% \field{citekey} } } In this way you are declaring that the label generated for your entries is the same as your entry name (pseudo-field citekey). MWE: ...


5

If you let biblatex handle pagination on its own, what you want is very easy. Postnotes containing numbers (and a few other special symbols) are automatically recognised as page (ranges) and formatted as such by biblatex. So it is a good idea to drop the page prefix entirely when citing, as in \parencite[24]{worman} and \parencite[cf.][17--19]{geer} ...


3

This is an interesting case. Before biber 2.0/biblatex 3.0 labelname was, as you say, generated by biber but is now instantiated by biblatex. Biber doesn't pass sortname back out in the .bbl as it's only used for sorting and biblatex shouldn't need it. Therefore, this shouldn't really ever have worked but it did because biber had access to sortname while it ...


3

Biblatex, as usual, has you covered. The various \(*)cites commands take this general form: \parencites(<multiprenote>)(<multipostnote>)[<pre>][<post>]{<entrykey-1>}...[<p‌​re>][<post>]{<entrykey-n>}. So you can do something like: \parencites(and ...


3

Here you are: % ==== PREAMBEL ============================================================= \documentclass{scrbook} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage[german]{babel} \usepackage{csquotes} \usepackage[ citestyle=numeric, style=authoryear, natbib=true, backend=biber ]{biblatex} % Use Biber and BibLaTex instead of BibTex ...


3

I don't find the sorting wrong. But sorting depends on the language and in biblatex you can change the locale. I have no idea which locale sorts the Ž as you want it, but e.g this here would sort Ž before Z: \documentclass[12pt]{article} \usepackage[american]{babel} \usepackage[backend=biber,style=apa,bibencoding=utf8,sortlocale=sl-SI]{biblatex} ...


3

The issue arises because of the way \mkpageprefix is defined. As described in the manual, it inserts \ppspace between the string for 'pp' or similar and the page number/range itself. If you want to disable all prefixing you can do \DeclareFieldFormat[inbook]{pages}{#1} but this of course doesn't work if you want to do it selectively. Turning the string ...


2

Since Biber is translating \textbackslash in a single backslash, trick TeX into thinking it has to print a control sequence as a string (with {} for getting the space). title = {Faster \string\textbackslash unfolding{} of communities: speeding up the Louvain algorithm}, Or, more simply, title = {Faster \string\unfolding{} of communities: ...


2

The expansion of \textbackslash (note the space) does get interpreted as \, and ultimately results in \unfolding. You can declare a robust alternative \DeclareRobustCommand{\tbs}{\textbackslash} which doesn't expand, and then use it as normal: \RequirePackage{filecontents} \DeclareRobustCommand{\tbs}{\textbackslash} \begin{filecontents*}{\jobname.bib} ...


2

texdoc biber: 2.6. Performance Biber can’t really be compared with BIBTEX in any meaningful way performance- wise. Biber is written in Perl and does a great deal more than BIBTEX which is written in C. One of Biber’s test cases is a 2150 entry, 15,000 line .bib file which references a 630 entry macros file with a resulting 160 or so page (A4) ...


2

There is a warning in the blg 136] Utils.pm:167> WARN - Warning: Found biblatex control file version 2.7, expected version 2.3 This warning shows that there is a mismatch between the biber version and the biblatex version. In your case biber is too old.


2

A Biblatex solution may well be more elegant and efficient. I will leave that to moewe, I think ;). Here is a non-Biblatex solution which uses xparse to emulate the behaviour of the citation commands. I know that you expressed a preference for a Biblatex solution (option 2 in chat) rather than emulation (option 1) but perhaps this will be useful to somebody. ...


2

If we use @inreference to properly distinguish reference works, we can then use \ifentrytype{inreference}. Additionally, I would add the two letters ML as shorthand to ml. @mvreference{ml, title = {Müllers Lexikon}, shorthand = {ML}, options = {skipbib}, } @inreference{ml:thermoskanne, crossref = {ml}, title = {Thermoskanne}, volume = {2}, } ...


2

Try this but I can't test without a proper example and biblatex-examples.bib doesn't include anything suitable. \usepackage{xparse} \NewDocumentCommand \parencitetitle { > { \SplitArgument { 1 } { : } } m } {% \myparencitetitle #1} \NewDocumentCommand \myparencitetitle { m m } {% \parentext {\mkbibemph{\MakeUppercase{#1}}:\citetitle{#1:#2}}}


1

The simplest solution uses refsection (cf. p.78, biblatex manual). Ex: \begin{refsection}[bibfile1.bib] \nocite{*} \begin{refcontext}[... options ...] \printbibliography \end{refcontext} \end{refsection} where ... options ... is your particular options for this particular bib file.


1

You can modify the sorting manually with the field sortname: @ARTICLE{Znider, author = {Žnider, Jože}, title = {Bar}, journal = {Foo}, volume = {12}, number = {123}, pages = {11-12}, year = {1999}, sortname = {Zznider, Jože} }


1

I found a solution. I have not validated beyond the fact that, by doing these things, I got it to work. It's possible there are extraneous steps, and any improvements are welcomed. First, I made sure that my MikTex was up to date (and thus had Biber installed). Second, I installed the latexmk package using the Package Manager. Third, I added an ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible