Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

6

It is due to the \topsep as the bibliography is typeset as a list. If you make \topsep and \partopsep zero, then the problem is solved. Taking egreg's code and adding \setlength{\topsep}{0pt} and \setlength{partopsep}{0pt} in the re-definition of thebibliography removes the extra space. \documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article} \makeatletter ...


4

So after some hacking, I actually found a (IMO rather dirty) hack that actually makes things work for me, although with a minor modification: I don't use bibunits, but rather chapterbib. The basic reason why they couldn't work together, is that they redefine a common set of commands. Hence the basic idea of my solution: make sure they are never, say ...


2

A solution based on etoolbox is the following \usepackage{etoolbox} \newcounter{mybibitem} \AtBeginEnvironment{bibunit}{\setcounter{mybibitem}{0}} \makeatletter \AtBeginDocument{ \apptocmd{\@bibitem}{\stepcounter{mybibitem}[\themybibitem] }{}{}} \makeatother


2

I am not sure about eclipse, but bibunut requires to call several times bibtex one for each (bib)unit, i.e., bibtex buX, where X is a number corresponding to a bibunit. After that one can have a final call to LaTeX. You can open the terminal (prompt, command line) and then run pdflatex file bibtex bu1 ... bibtex buN pdflatex file Where file is the name ...


2

My answer to How to set the number of the first citation? can also be applied if one uses bibunits: \documentclass{article} \usepackage[numbers]{natbib} \usepackage{bibunits} \usepackage{etoolbox} \makeatletter \newcommand*{\newbibstartnumber}[1]{% \apptocmd{\thebibliography}{% \global\c@NAT@ctr #1\relax \addtocounter{NAT@ctr}{-1}% }{}{}% } ...


2

A hack specific for the article class. Other classes may require different workarounds: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{bibunits} %%% START HACK \usepackage{etoolbox} \AtBeginEnvironment{bibunit}{\renewcommand\section[5]{}} %%% END HACK \begin{document} \defaultbibliographystyle{plainyr-rev} \defaultbibliography{ab,ty2} \section{Publications} Some ...


2

After I wrote this answer I realised it's not exactly what you're trying to do. Ohwell Without looking into bibunits, my guess is that you need to wait until after the aux files are closed before you run bibtex. Here's a hack to do it for the main document class: \documentclass{article} \makeatletter \let\end@doc@hook\@enddocumenthook ...


2

A solution was provided comp.text.tex archive at derkeiler. I want to save the solution and so I provided this CW. % arara: pdflatex % arara: bibtex: {files: [bu1,bu2]} % arara: pdflatex % arara: pdflatex % package arara at http://ctan.org/pkg/arara \documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article} \usepackage{bibunits} \usepackage{hyperref} \makeatletter ...


2

It works for me. I think you need to provide a more complete example. \begin{filecontents}{\jobname.bib} @misc{asdf, author={TH.}, title={Foo Bar}} \end{filecontents} \documentclass{book} \usepackage[sectionbib]{bibunits} \defaultbibliography{\jobname} \defaultbibliographystyle{plain} \begin{document} \bibliographyunit[\chapter] \tableofcontents ...


1

Depending on the bibliography style, you can just redefine the phdthesis and possibly mastersthesis functions. For example, starting from a MWE with plain.bst \documentclass{article} \bibliographystyle{plain} \begin{document} \nocite* \bibliography{xampl} \end{document} If you copy the original plain.bst to a new file myplain.bst and replace lines ...


1

As a big proponent of PerlTeX, I posted a blurb on another post which I am going to shamelessly quote here: I know this isn't an answer to the question, but perhaps could help you with your problem. PerlTeX allows you to embed Perl code as a LaTeX function. When compiling if you use perltex --nosafe myfile.tex then the perl process has free ...


1

Firstly, your distribution TeXlive already includes bibunits.sty, so it is best to work with that version, rather than a local copy (which may not have been correctly set up). Just make sure your distribution is up-to-date (in this case via sudo tlmgr update --all in a terminal), and remove the local style file. Running your code on the standard ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible