Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

6

Probably you are using the wrong input encoding. In applemap.def, the \dag is produced by input code 160 (hex: 0xA0): \DeclareInputText{160}{\dag} But 0xA0 is "non-break space" in ISO-8859-1/latin1 or ISO-8859-15/latin9. Check, that you use the correct input encoding option for package inputenc. If the dagger is indeed coming from "non-break space", ...


5

If you call pdflatex with the command line option -halt-on-error, the process will terminate at the first error.


3

Your document produces no PDF output because the actual document has no content. Although you've defined a title and author, this information is not added to the document until you use \maketitle.


3

The exact error is pretty arbitrary, it's just that the expansion has taken a wrong path and so generates an error first time it tries something really illegal. You see the error by changing from tex to etex in formats with the etex extensions activated (except latex, oddly enough) the register allocation macros are updated because there are 32768 rather ...


3

This should do: \documentclass[border=5mm,tikz]{standalone} \usepackage{tikz} \usetikzlibrary{calc,positioning} \begin{document} \begin{tikzpicture}[ x={(5cm,0cm)},y={(2cm,-1.4cm)},z={(2.2cm,3.1cm)},scale=0.8, Dot/.style={circle,fill=black,inner sep=2pt, pin distance=0pt}, ...


1

The easiest way is probably to create two dummy documents final.tex and draft.tex. preprint.tex \documentclass[preprint,authoryear,12pt]{elsarticle} \input{main.tex} final.tex \documentclass[final,5p,times,twocolumn]{elsarticle} \input{myfile.tex} If you are using an IDE to compile make compiling the documents easier, there may be additional hoops to ...


1

I figured out the issue. I had an old hard drive with a version of LaTeX installed on it, so when the compiler ran it was calling packages from the old copy- resulting in an endless loop of sorts. Deleting any and all LaTeX files from the hard drive, plus a clear install on the new one, resulted in all the problems being solved. In hindsight I should have ...


1

Well, the Windows backslash file path seperator \ is used in (La)TeX to indicate a control sequence (aka. macro). That is why you get a Undefined control sequence error. In this case it takes \report as a macro. Normally you need to exchange it with the Unix file path seperator / instead, which under (La)Tex also works under Windows. Not sure if network ...


1

Ok, so I found a workaround/another clue to the problem. I'm only posting it here so it might help anyone else. Firs of all, I was wrong. This is not a user permission issue. I changed my server username to my own and I still had the font not found problem. However I was able to isolate the problem to one of the latex lines. In particualar it started ...


1

By default, TeX uses Computer Modern fonts in the OT1 font encoding. In most cases, this means metafont source fonts. I am not sure exactly how it works in this case but apparently whatever TeX needs is part of the existing TeX installation. When you use fontenc and specify the T1 encoding, TeX tries to load Computer Modern in this encoding instead. If they ...


1

I did something with a very naive approach, reading what is suggested here I definitively have to change my code. Anyway, if someone is interested here it is: https://github.com/rvelseg/MuDoVLaGM it uses mainly make, and sed to comment and uncomment fragments of a main document.


1

Well I am unable to comment on pdmadscience's comment. I just wanted to extend his response here. I had the same issue as the original poster and adding the pdflatex command (like pdmadscience suggested) fixed the issue. In the TexStudio documentation, they also add a few switches so that the full command looks like this: "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible