New answers tagged

1

I see no problem in using lettrine also with pdflatex: \documentclass{article} \usepackage[T2A]{fontenc} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage[russian]{babel} \usepackage{lettrine} \begin{document} \lettrine{К}{}ак и любой читатель, преданный может ясно видеть, идеал практический разум является представлением, насколько мне известно, все сами по себе; ...


2

I don’t know the language, so there may be problems I haven’t spotted, but it appears that lettrine works with the Cyrillic alphabet. Here’s an example, to be run with xelatex or lualatex: \documentclass[11pt,a5paper]{book} \usepackage{fontspec,lettrine} \setmainfont{PT Serif} \begin{document} \lettrine{В}{се} люди рождаются свободными и равными в своем ...


1

Here is simple thing I use: \newfont{\initial}{wcmr17 at 48pt} \newcommand{\frstltr}[1]{ \newbox{\litera} \savebox{\litera}{\hbox{\initial #1}} \vspace*{.2\ht\litera}\par\noindent \begin{wrapfigure}{l}{.8\wd\litera} \vbox to .05\ht\litera{\vss\usebox{\litera}\vspace*{-.2\ht\litera}} \vspace*{-.2\ht\litera} \end{wrapfigure}} At ...


0

I have found the same problem but none of the above answers solved it. In the end, I found the code \'{\i} in my .bib file. This was supposed to yield í but was producing a crazy unicode char that broke compilation. This .bib file was exported from CiteULike based on a reference that I entered mannually or copy-&-pasted from somewhere else. I suppose ...


2

I think you need a) to use UTF-8 in your .bib file, b) use UTF-8 in latex, and c) use bibtex8 or biblatex (with biber) which can handle UTF-8 encoded .bib files (as bibtex CANNOT handle utf-8 encoded .bib files).


0

Thanks to @egreg, I have now complete, working code. \documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{report} \usepackage[framemethod=TikZ]{mdframed} \usepackage{amsthm} \usepackage{thmtools} \usepackage{lipsum}% just to generate text for the example \usepackage[T1,T2A]{fontenc} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage[serbianc,english]{babel} % example style ...


3

Actually, for me, neither work. and it is the same with other tex gyre fonts (tex gyre pagella). Looking at the font itself, as provided by texlive 2015, it doesn't contain any cyrillic glyphs. Looking at the changelog from website (http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/adventor/qag-hist.txt/view) it is due to a licensing disagreement. ...



Top 50 recent answers are included