Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

8

The relevant part from babel.def is \AtEndOfPackage{\edef\latinencoding{\cf@encoding}} \AtBeginDocument{% \gdef\latinencoding{OT1}% \ifx\cf@encoding\bbl@t@one \xdef\latinencoding{\bbl@t@one}% \else \@ifl@aded{def}{t1enc}{\xdef\latinencoding{\bbl@t@one}}{}% \fi } Let's see what happens: at the end of the loading of babel, the instruction ...


6

You need to load a math font that's compatible with the chosen text font. (A give-away that you're using Computer Modern is contained in the shapes of the letters P and Q.) I suggest you load the package unicode-math and set \setmathfont{XITS Math}. If you choose this route, I would also recommend you set XITS (a Times Roman clone) as the main text font. ...


6

Some years ago, the package xltxtra was recommended for usage with XeLaTeX, but it isn't any more. To the contrary, it is not recommended to load xltxtra, unless you really need its extra functions (you usually don't). The \setromanfont command has been deprecated some years ago, favoring the clearer command \setmainfont. The Mapping=tex-text option has ...


5

You have to use a font that has the required glyphs. They are in FreeSerif, for instance. Here's how you can use them directly, by hiding the font change in a macro: \documentclass{scrartcl} \usepackage{fontspec} \usepackage{newunicodechar} \setmainfont{Linux Libertine O} \setsansfont{Linux Biolinum O} \newfontface{\freeserif}{FreeSerif} % for the ...


5

You have to use the no-math option to fontspec: \documentclass{book} \usepackage{extarrows} \usepackage[no-math]{fontspec} \setmainfont{Times New Roman} \begin{document} $Q\xLongrightarrow{\text{Maximum}} P$ \end{document} But the result is disputable, as Computer Modern math fonts don't combine well with Times. What happens without the no-math option ...


4

I guess it's a problem due to the new syntax for \fontspec. It's better, anyway, to declare the fonts beforehand: \documentclass[12pt]{article} \usepackage{fontspec} \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text} \setmainfont{Hoefler Text} \newfontfamily{\thaifont}{Thonburi}[Scale=MatchLowercase] \usepackage[Latin, Thai]{ucharclasses} ...


4

egreg's answer now explains why this works which I didn't understand when I posted it as a comment. If you load fontspec after babel, then it all works: \documentclass[11pt]{article} \usepackage[british,russian]{babel} \newcommand*\English{\selectlanguage{british}} \usepackage{fontspec} \setmainfont{Heuristica}% \usepackage{poetrytex} \begin{document} ...


4

Ok, so I found the answer to my own question. It turns out I was pretty close: \setmainfont[SizeFeatures = {{Size = -8, Font = <Font_A>}, {Size = 8-12, Font = <Font_B>}, {Size = 12- , Font = <Font_C>}}]{<Typeface>} produces exactly what I wanted.


3

If you have the Segoe fonts installed in your systems font directory run fc-cache -fv to update the font cache (if not already done by your system). Then something should work (run with xelatex or lualatex: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{fontspec} \setmainfont{SegoeUI-Regular} \usepackage{lipsum} \begin{document} \lipsum[1] \bfseries\lipsum[2] ...


3

in a texlive 2014, updated this morning I get the following from grep (with my annotation in comment at the end of each line): $ grep "[^a-z]textlf[^a-z]" */* allrunes/allrunes.sty:\DeclareTextFontCommand{\textlf}{\lfseries} baskervaldx/Baskervaldx.sty:\DeclareRobustCommand{\textlf}[1]{% lining figures fbb/fbb.sty:\DeclareRobustCommand{\textlf}[1]{% ...


3

Change the order of the packages: \documentclass{book} \usepackage{fontspec} \usepackage{extarrows} \setmainfont{Times New Roman} \begin{document} \[ Q\xLongrightarrow{\text{Maximum}} P \] \end{document}


2

An example for HelveticaNeue-Light \documentclass{article} \usepackage{fontspec} \setmainfont[ ItalicFont = HelveticaNeue-Italic, BoldFont = HelveticaNeue-Bold, BoldItalicFont = HelveticaNeue-BoldItalic]{HelveticaNeue} \newfontfamily\NHLight[ ItalicFont = HelveticaNeue-LightItalic, BoldFont = HelveticaNeue-UltraLight, ...


2

Eventually I was able to find the reason with the great help of the comments to my question. For those observing similar problems, I post an answer here. The missing \partial comes from reassigning unicode ranges to different fonts. Don't do it unless you know what the side effects are. I didn't and therefore another problem was hidden by this wrong ...


1

I found the solution: Lua uses a font name data base, which I had to update using the command: luaotfload-tool --update



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible