New answers tagged

0

I'd like to point out it all works fine with xelatex, as long as the font contains all characters. It seems lmodern doesn't have the ȩ. Demonstration with lmodern (the default with xelatex, anderewhon(an extension ofAdobe Utopia`): \documentclass{report} \usepackage{fontspec} \setmainfont{erewhon} \usepackage{csquotes} \usepackage[backend=biber]{biblatex} ...


4

biber will (not always but quite often) convert an accent command to the decomposed unicode representation "char + combining accent". But pdflatex can't handle combining accents. So as long as you are using pdflatex you must avoid that this happens. To do this you can tell biber not to output everything in utf8 with --output-safechars and similar options ...


2

\textperthousand has slot 228 in input encoding applemac. Other encodings, which use ä at this place, are latin1, latin2, latin3, latin4, latin5, latin9, latin10, decmulti, ansinew, cp1250, cp1252, cp1257. Probably your file got re-encoded with latin1 or latin9 (with Euro), ansinew (with Windows extensions). Package selinput helps in choosing the encoding, ...


1

Recent LaTeX versions declare the symbol U+2010 (DASH) in utf8enc.dfu, t1enc.dfu. The former is loaded by default. The declaration can be given explicitly for older LaTeX installations: \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \DeclareUnicodeCharacter{2010}{-}% support older LaTeX versions


0

Hi Guys I have the same problem, but i solve this with two simple lines.. \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} I don need any "," or special symbol in my csv file. I leave an example of my files on this link. for those who can be useful. Example of datatool recognizing accents


0

I had two similar problems: "Unicode char \u8: " "Unicode char \u8:." (with dot) The problems were related to the .bib file (references list). The first problem was solved based on the \DeclareUnicodeCharacter{00A0}{ } stated by @egreg. The second one was helped by the @Chris H 's answer. I opened the generated file .log and looked for errors. I found: ...


0

Adding % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode at the beginning of your document. It works for me.



Top 50 recent answers are included