Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

4

The biggest culprit (seems to me) would be a large (file size) image, such as a graph with way too many data points or a bitmap with much higher resolution than you need. (I have a friend back in the day generate a Matlab graph of a several second signal from raw data sampled at 40 kHz; the resulting EPS was hundreds of kilobytes and caused similar ...


4

Here is a primitive attempt to achieve outcomes which may be close to what you need. This solution is perhaps suitable for those who wish to achieve square corner quotation marks such as yours, but prefer not to use a typesetting system specialised for Japanese such as pTeX [PDF documentation], or who cannot use a TeX engine specialised to use unicode input ...


3

xunicode sets up for these commands also some OT1 defaults, but the main point are accents commands. E.g. \DeclareEncodedCompositeCharacter{\UTFencname}{\M}{0322}{0322} % (Combining retroflex hook below) You can naturally redefine the command if you don't use it, but there is a tradition to use "one-char-commands" for accent commands and so I would never ...


2

Yes, LaTeX will parse the left and right quotation marks correctly if you tell it to parse the input with UTF-8 encoding. \documentclass{article} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \begin{document} ‘Hello’ \end{document}


2

The problem with oversized fonts in adobe reader comes from a bug with XeLaTex when using fonts in OTF format that have a particular resolution (see http://typophile.com/node/46451). What I do to circumvent this issue is to work locally with the .ttf version of FontAwesome. Added benefits to this is to make the new fonts available to you, it's easier to ...


2

You may use a character class: \documentclass[a4paper,14pt,openright,twoside]{memoir} \usepackage{fontspec} \setmainfont{EB Garamond}[ Numbers=Lining, ItalicFeatures={ RawFeature=+hlig, RawFeature=+liga, RawFeature=+dlig, RawFeature=+swsh, Numbers=OldStyle, }, ] \newfontfamily\varv{EB Garamond}[ Numbers=Lining, ...


1

OK, so egreg's comment pointed me in the right direction. I tried using mathspec to change the math fonts, with not luck. After taking a closer look at the macros in hepparticles, I fount that they use \mathup and similar macros for rendering the particle names. I couldn't find out how to change those with mathspec, so I switched to unicode-math and found a ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible