260 reputation
17
bio website
location Southampton, United Kingdom
age
visits member for 2 years, 5 months
seen Oct 11 at 22:45

Jul
13
awarded  Excavator
Jul
13
awarded  Commentator
Jul
13
comment Having problems with listings and UTF-8. Can it be fixed?
A serious bug in one piece of LaTeX I just looked at was that extendedchars was set to \true, not true, so even though I did not need that setting in the end, your first line helped a lot to pinpoint the problem.
Jul
13
revised Having problems with listings and UTF-8. Can it be fixed?
fixed spelling, added documentation reference from comment to question (not checked if it is valid, I admit.)
Jul
13
suggested suggested edit on Having problems with listings and UTF-8. Can it be fixed?
Dec
13
revised Dealing with word boundaries in a pl file
Add a tl;dr
Dec
13
comment Dealing with word boundaries in a pl file
How would fontinst know that I want the substitution "If a letter follows, replace s→ſ" (or even v→v.final, which is definitely non-standard) to generate the appropriate .pl files?
May
11
awarded  Yearling
Mar
3
comment Why is there a word boundary in “ßv”?
The original issue is gone due to Inhalts\/\*verzeichnis, but I still have a lack of knowledge.
Mar
3
revised Why is there a word boundary in “ßv”?
Add link
Mar
3
revised Why is there a word boundary in “ßv”?
Add link
Mar
3
revised Why is there a word boundary in “ßv”?
Add explanation
Mar
3
revised Why is there a word boundary in “ßv”?
added 78 characters in body
Mar
3
asked Why is there a word boundary in “ßv”?
Oct
30
asked Dealing with word boundaries in a pl file
Aug
11
comment Contextual Alternatives in LuaLaTeX
I'm trying to work around this problem now by making Jena1330 fit for vanilla pdfLaTeX (I hadn't thought that would be the easiest flavour to use it with…), by changing the pl/tfm file. Mostly works, automation (for possible other fonts and later versions) and ſ, instead of s, and similar cases are still unsolved.
Aug
11
comment XeLaTeX: WordInitial, Inner and WordFinal seem to match everywhere
I ignored this problem now by making Jena1330 fit for vanilla pdfLaTeX, by using a manually generated pl/tfm file. (., , and so on are still considered part of the word there, though.)
Jul
12
comment Contextual Alternatives in LuaLaTeX
I have not yet got round to asking there. And with XeLaTeX I had the problem described in tex.stackexchange.com/questions/55452/… that it does not easily allow me to use the init, medi aso. tables, so I would have to add or change all such replacements to contextual alternates. (I would so much prefer if one of these two engines could do both…)
Jul
12
comment Contextual Alternatives in LuaLaTeX
The one I generate from github.com/Anaphory/Jena1330 with fontforge...
Jul
11
comment Contextual Alternatives in LuaLaTeX
I did not try it with Theano Didot (I just linked to that bug report because it looks like the same problem) but with a font I'm working on myself, and I definitely want to use the calt table, which should be activated by Contextuals=Alternate or RawFeature={+calt} (as in that bugreport), both of which did nothing.