53 reputation
7
bio website
location
age
visits member for 2 years, 2 months
seen Dec 9 at 11:30

Nov
24
awarded  Editor
Nov
24
revised Custom \thebibliography with alphabetic numbering for scrltt2 not working in presence of babel
I've updated the original gist with what I think is a solution at this stage. That required to link to an explicit commit in the gist from here to leave the question as it is.
Nov
24
comment Custom \thebibliography with alphabetic numbering for scrltt2 not working in presence of babel
One more thing: The intention with the (re)definition of \section* and \bibsection was to prevent compile errors when the above code is used with other packages like natbib or babel. I wanted to put the above code into an LCO file for as generic a use as possible and have updated the gist with a working version of such an LCO file. The redefinitions are left in place for use with natbib.
Nov
24
comment Custom \thebibliography with alphabetic numbering for scrltt2 not working in presence of babel
After more contemplation I came to realise that there is a wrapper in the original definition around the output. This wrapper is the same regardless of the presence of babel. So, instead of redefining \@citex, I redefine the wrapper: \def\@cite@ofmt#1{\def\@safe@activesfalse{}\hbox{\@Alph{#1}}} and suddenly everything works. I am not sure, however, that this won't break something else that I just haven't noticed yet. Where are these macros documented, anyways?
Nov
24
accepted How to parse a macro that contains a \let?
Nov
24
comment How to parse a macro that contains a \let?
Thanks, that work's for me! I appreciate the explanation, it makes all very clear to me now.
Nov
24
comment How to parse a macro that contains a \let?
@cfr I want to use the content of the macro and the idea with \edef was that it expands away the stuff I don't need. In contrast, \def does not expand anything, so the obstructing \let/\inthewayfalse stays where it is and I just have a new macro with a different name but the same problem as before.
Nov
22
comment Custom \thebibliography with alphabetic numbering for scrltt2 not working in presence of babel
Thanks for those pointers. I realize that I might have tackled the problem from the other end, redefining @bibitem. Maybe that would work smoother.
Nov
22
asked How to parse a macro that contains a \let?
Nov
22
asked Custom \thebibliography with alphabetic numbering for scrltt2 not working in presence of babel
Nov
22
awarded  Informed
Aug
19
awarded  Popular Question
Jul
15
awarded  Supporter
Nov
7
awarded  Scholar
Nov
7
accepted Change \textwidth after first page in scrlttr2
Oct
31
answered Change \textwidth after first page in scrlttr2
Oct
31
comment Change \textwidth after first page in scrlttr2
@cmhughes Thanks for the pointer to the changepage package, inspection of its \ch@ngetext macro was indeed helpful. +1
Oct
31
comment Change \textwidth after first page in scrlttr2
@DavidCarlisle Well, almost working at least. I still haven't figured out how to issue the change of \textwidth at exactly the page break and not after the end of the first (broken across pagebreak) paragraph on page 2. But as I understand you, this won't be possible without additional machinery like luatex. Pity. However I think that your reply, while a negative answer, deserves the status answer.
Oct
31
comment Change \textwidth after first page in scrlttr2
@DavidCarlisle I think I finally understand your comment, after copying the required definitions from the changepage package. This does almost what I want: \afterpage{% \pagebreak \global\setlength{\textwidth}{17cm}% \global\setlength{\columnwidth}{\textwidth}% \global\setlength{\hsize}{\columnwidth}% \global\setlength{\linewidth}{\hsize}}% Except that the \pagebreak (or \eject or \clearpage) does not do what I want it to do. As you say, the pagebreak has already taken place. \firstfoot does not seem to work either.
Oct
30
comment Change \textwidth after first page in scrlttr2
@DavidCarlisle I see, but even when I add \eject or \clearpage as first commands into the \nexthead and \afterpage arguments, it still doesn't work. And despite an increased argument to \lipsum, the modified \textwidth does not even show at later pages.