60 reputation
5
bio website
location
age 40
visits member for 2 years, 1 month
seen Nov 16 at 11:59

May
3
accepted background color of colorbox doesnt fill enclosing framebox entirely?
May
3
comment background color of colorbox doesnt fill enclosing framebox entirely?
thx for pointing me to tcolorbox! I am a bit at loss understanding your first solution. All the tex macros like \dimexpr are quite obscure for me...
May
3
asked background color of colorbox doesnt fill enclosing framebox entirely?
Jun
1
comment getting rid of DOI URL etc fields in aipnum4-1.bst
thx for your suggestion. I got that far myself. However that still raised a lot of pop empty string errors when running bibtex. I finally managed by just commenting out link.open and link.shut in the FUNCTION{article} etc. Apparently aipnum4-1.bst always wants to include doi when the items in the bib file contain no crossreference field. Thx for all your help
May
31
asked getting rid of DOI URL etc fields in aipnum4-1.bst
Apr
13
comment Beamerpauses counter reset between environments inside an overlay?
That sounds feasible. Learned something about the internals of beamer. Thx. It is rather tricky thus to rely too much on the [<+->] !
Apr
13
awarded  Scholar
Apr
13
accepted Beamerpauses counter reset between environments inside an overlay?
Apr
12
awarded  Student
Apr
12
revised Beamerpauses counter reset between environments inside an overlay?
added 812 characters in body
Apr
12
asked Beamerpauses counter reset between environments inside an overlay?
Nov
9
awarded  Supporter
Nov
8
awarded  Teacher
Nov
8
answered dvi to ps conversion problem [SOLVED: PyX graph issue]
Nov
8
awarded  Editor
Nov
8
revised dvi to ps conversion problem [SOLVED: PyX graph issue]
Solution identified; adding source of problem; including it in the title of the question
Nov
8
comment dvi to ps conversion problem [SOLVED: PyX graph issue]
Hi thx for your suggestion. It turned out not to be a viewer problem, but something more subtle. The graph included in the tex document, was generated using PyX (great tool!!). Apparently the version I was using had UniqueID lookup issues for the CM fonts embedded in the PostScript output of the figure, causing certain glyphs to be dropped after a dvips. A recent PyX update solved this. So everything works just fine now.
Nov
7
asked dvi to ps conversion problem [SOLVED: PyX graph issue]