first of all, I'm a tex virgin so my knowledge of the tools and terminology is pretty much at the same level with a fish.
I'm using Win7(64 bit). I installed winEdt.
I want to write a paper with a custom referencing style that my school demands. It is very similar to harvard style with some differences (3 authors for et al. kind of stuff). My questions are
- How can I modify the existing style or create a new style by changing the copy of an existing one?
- How do I add reference details to my project. Is there a program like Endnote where you can store all your references, modify them and use directly to create refs in Word?
- How do I add references in my text?
- Does latex auto update my bibliography when I add a new reference in text?
- How do I add sources in the bibliography by hand? I want to add sources that I don't cite but used.
please explain like you are explaining to an idiot.
a lot of questions but I really want to go on with and learn LaTeX, but unless I can find answers to these, I will go on with the Ms Word solution.