5

After today's update of MiKTeX I got lot of errors like this:

! \textfont 192 is undefined (character ???).
\beamer@doifinframe ...v 10^{13}\;\text {cm}^{-3}$
                                                   is rated as high for heli...
l.345 \end{frame}

? h
Somewhere in the math formula just ended, you used the
stated character from an undefined font family. For example,
plain TeX doesn't allow \it or \sl in subscripts. Proceed,
and I'll try to forget that I needed that character.

Such errors occur when I use xelatex to compile my documents. Initially I've got such errors for beamer class but latter I found similar errors for revtex class. Here is typical font settings for my docs:

\usepackage[math-style=ISO,bold-style=ISO]{unicode-math}
%\setmathfont[version=lm,Color=660000]{Latin Modern Math}
%\setmathfont[version=asana,Color=000000]{Asana Math}% <== мой выбор
%\setmathfont[version=xits,Color=000000]{XITS Math}
\setmathfont[version=cambria,Color=000066]{Cambria Math}
%\setmathfont[version=cambria]{Cambria Math}

%\mathversion{lm} % не показывает \vec{\bm\varkappa}
%\mathversion{xits}
%\mathversion{asana}
\mathversion{cambria}

I tried various fonts with the same result. The errors occur in math formulas but a compiled document looks fine. None errors occur if I use pdflatex instead of xelatex. Fortunately, I have TeX Live 2013 (which I have not updated) and it works fine.

Can someone tell me what to do with these errors?

UPDATE: MWE:

% !Mode:: TeX:UTF-8
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{ifxetex}
\ifxetex
    \usepackage{unicode-math}
    \setmathfont{Cambria Math}
\fi
\begin{document}
    $$
      \varepsilon_{-}
    $$

    $$
      =\varepsilon_{l}
    $$
\end{document}
  • Refresh FNDB and Update Formats from the MiKTeX Settings interface. – karlkoeller Jun 27 '13 at 4:41
  • @karlkoeller: unfortunately this did not help. I tried several times. – Igor Kotelnikov Jun 27 '13 at 11:50
  • 1
    In the last 3-4 days all MiKTeX executables have been updated. I've found already found a bug in mpost.exe and opened a bug ticket at sourceforge.net/p/miktex/bugs. Do you have a MNWE to check? Probably there is a bug in xelatex.exe as well. – karlkoeller Jun 27 '13 at 12:52
  • @karlkoeller: I've just added MWE. – Igor Kotelnikov Jun 28 '13 at 5:47
  • 1
    I get the errors too and have no idea why you don't, @karlkoeller. There are no more updates available, and I refreshed FNDB and updated formats both as admin and as user. In the MWE the problem seems to be caused by 'unicode-math' (for both xelatex and lualatex) and the minus sign in the subscript (or superscript for that matter). But other characters in subscript or superscript cause it too. The error message always seems to refer to MiKTeX 2.9\tex\latex\tipa\t3cmr.fd. – dpprdan Jun 28 '13 at 15:10

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.