I have read a lot of interesting questions and answers on PDF/A-1b production with LaTeX and pdfTeX. I still can't produce validating PDF/A-1b files.
I used either:
- the standard up-to-date
- or the "improved" pdfx-ext version,
- or the edited
pdfx.styby Vincent Immler two years ago, (see here and the attached sample).
I encountered no compiling errors, and validation with jhove always works
However file validation fails by :
- Acrobat X Pro preflight,
- online validation provided by 3-Height pdf-tools
- online validation provided by Solid PDF Tools
As I was not able to patch
pdftex as suggested by Vincent Immler, I managed to repair de EOL problems reported in several posts on
tex.stackexchange.com by using binary replacements of
x0a with the
gsar utility, in order to mimic the changes made in the patch.
However the error messages :
The separator before 'endstream' must be an EOL.
is still present, with further error messages looking as overvall failure conclusion.
- Has someone succeeded to patch MiKTeX's pdftex ?
- Does this patch fix the all the
EOLproblems (including the
- Is there a 'package only' solution ?
I use MiKTeX v 2.9 (pdftex Version 3.1415926-2.5-1.40.14) on both Windows XP Pro x32 (SP3) and Windows Seven Family Premium x64 (SP1)