Hi I'm trying to code this symbol but I'm not getting the exact output, can anyone help me to code this symbol

enter image description here

i tried code \cup|

  • so it's kind of like \subseteq but rotated? – cmhughes Aug 9 '13 at 7:55
  • yes somewhat like tat, but im not getting exact output for this – ravi Aug 9 '13 at 7:58
  • 5
    Hi, you have asked several questions about finding symbols. Maybe you can state what these symbols do / where are they from? This way you can help others helping you finding the desired symbols. Thanks! – Francis Aug 9 '13 at 7:59
  • following up on what @Francis has said, there's more than one reason why it's helpful to know what a symbol is used for, and where you may have seen it in use. as a representative to unicode from the stipub consortium, with suitable documentation i can submit "new" symbols to be considered for addition to unicode. however, good documentation is needed, including published examples. – barbara beeton Aug 22 '13 at 21:06
  • @ravi The symbol in the answer is not what you were looking for? – karlkoeller Aug 23 '13 at 21:14

Depending on the fact you want it as a binary operator or as a binary relation, you can try




They both require amsmath and graphicx.





 A \binsubseteq B_{A \binsubseteq B_{A \binsubseteq B}}

 A \relsubseteq B_{A \relsubseteq B_{A \relsubseteq B}}



enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.