2

Suddenly my TeXLive installation with non-free fonts produces an error about the package mdugm.sty. Here is my source file:

\documentclass{scrartcl}

\usepackage[urw-garamond]{mathdesign}

\begin{document}

\title{Tentative schedule}
\date{\today}
\maketitle

\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{c|c|c}
\textbf{Hour} & \textbf{Wednesday} & \textbf{Thursday}  \\ \hline 
9:30 & Stuart & Valdinoci  \\ \hline
10:30 & Stuart & Valdinoci   \\ \hline
11:20 & Coffee break & Coffee break  \\ \hline
11:45 & Tilli & Lewin  \\ \hline
12:35 & Lunch & Lunch  \\ \hline
15:00 & Smets & Cingolani \\ \hline
16:00 & S\'er\'e &  Krieger \\ \hline
16:50 & Coffee break & Coffee break  \\ \hline
17:20 & Teta & Pisante  \\ \hline
18:10 &  \null & Schlein  \\ \hline
\end{tabular}
\end{center}

\end{document}

I compiled this source a few days ago without any warning, so I suspect that some packages were broken in an update. How can I use URW Garamond fonts as before?

Edit: the package "mathdesign" was updated on Sept. 2 from version 24173 to version 31552. This is clearly the reason of my problem, but I can't find a solution.

13
  • 3
    Revert to an older version of mathdesign, or wait a bit: There was a discussion about it on the texlive list and it looks as if the fonts will be included again. Sep 4, 2013 at 11:27
  • Thanks, now I've found the discussion in the mailing list archives. Well, I'll wait a few days.
    – Siminore
    Sep 4, 2013 at 11:31
  • These changes broke one of my large documents. @UlrikeFischer: where can I find the version of mathdesign from Tex Live 2012? Is there a way to cleanly and quickly extract packages from an existing Tex Live install? Sep 6, 2013 at 8:08
  • 1
    @StephenBosch ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/mathdesign and tug.org/fonts/fontinstall.html I work on a Mac, and this may slightly change the steps that you'd perform on a Linux box. However, it worked for me. In particular, I did not edit updmap.cfg as suggested by the maintainer; I used the sudo -H updmap-sys to enable each map. Another solution is to reinstall TL2013 and exclude mathdesign from the updates... I had to do this after breaking the tree with my stupid experiments.
    – Siminore
    Sep 6, 2013 at 11:10
  • 4
    This question appears to be off-topic because it is about a problem solved with a software update
    – egreg
    Dec 7, 2013 at 23:39

0

Browse other questions tagged .