I would like to create something similar to enter image description here.

To begin with, I would like to create a rounded and background-colored highlight of a word (or a short series of words).

What package should I use ?

How should I do ?

PS : I am not a Tikz user.

  • Do you want this feature for a figure/graph or in the text?
    – Ludovic C.
    Oct 9, 2013 at 9:30
  • I need it in the text.
    – Colas
    Oct 9, 2013 at 9:33
  • 2
    One way is described in Beamer ovalbox frame thickness. Oct 9, 2013 at 9:37
  • 4
    This answer at that question (tex.stackexchange.com/questions/125162/…) works in LaTeX Oct 9, 2013 at 10:08
  • 1
    @Colas: even if you're not TikZ user, it doesn't mean that you can't use the solution I suggested (just matter of copying three lines of code) or you can't use the nice answer suggested by Steven. As you need to do that job, you have to use some technique: word highlighting doesn't come for free. You might also want to have a look to fancybox. Oct 9, 2013 at 10:25


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.