I am using TexMaker on ubuntu 12.04 to edit my Latex-documents. Lately, I needed to create a chemical structure with 'chemfig'. However, this package is not included in the 'TexLive-all'-package and thus, I had to install it manually. Here's how I did it:
- Download the required package online (for e.g. on CTAN).
- If it's zipped, unzip the archive to a place where it's easily accessible such as your desktop.
- Open a terminal (
ctrl+alt+t) and type:
- Hit enter and type in your password and confirm with enter.
- This will open a window in which you have administrator-rights, meaning you can copy or move files in your system-directory.
- In this window, navigate to
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latexand create a folder with the name of your package (for e.g.
Chemfigif your package is called
- Copy the files
t-chemfig.texto your freshly created folder and assure the files were really copied. If they weren't go back to step 3 and make sure you run the command correctly.
- Open another terminal (ctrl+alt+t) and run the following command: texhash
You should now be able to use the package in your Latex-editor. If not, a restart should help.