Where can I find the integral shown in page 17 of Russian Typographical Traditions in Mathematical Literature ?


I don't know about that particular integral sign, but the Euler math fonts have an upright integral sign and the STIX fonts have variants for its integrals which are upright also.

  • @W.R.: wiki link (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integral_symbol)
    – user4610
    Apr 3 '11 at 9:28
  • @lyashenko You want the german symbol or the russian symbol ? In the texte, I read that German-style integrals are also sometimes seen in Russian literature. Apr 3 '11 at 12:59
  • @Iyashenko Ah, I see; sorry for the misunderstanding. I hope that someone creates a nice OpenType Russian-style maths font! Apr 3 '11 at 14:39

This one ??



inline math displaymath

  • You can search inside symbols-a4.pdf http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/ Apr 3 '11 at 9:36
  • 3
    The large symbol is incorrect.
    – user4610
    Apr 3 '11 at 10:04
  • @lyashenko With mathabx inline and display math symbols are different ! (why ? I don't know) but I don't understand what you want : something like the inline symbol ? because page 17 of your link, and in wikipedia, the russian symbol for integral seems to be a slanted symbol. It's not very easy to found ! Apr 3 '11 at 12:55
  • @Miriam.Yeung : a correct large one is probably difficult to make, since the (invert) slope of the central region would depend on its vertical height. Apr 6 '11 at 13:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy