Currently, I am writing a large report. In my previous ones, I always had the chapters and the main file (
thesis.tex) in the same directory as the individual chapters. This time, however, I created a subfolder called "chapters" and put the chapter
.tex files in there. But obviously, the command
%!TEX root = thesis.tex"`
which I previously put at the beginning of each
chapter.tex, does not work anymore. Since I work on the report from different locations, I can not define an absolute path but need to define a relative one. I tried
%!TEX root = ../thesis.tex and
/%!TEX root = thesis.tex, both of which do not work.
I found threads and solutions for
\input and other commands, none of which solve by problem, though. If anyone was able to shed some light here, I'd be very thankful!