How can I write in Latex symbols for standard or Łukasiewicz conjunction like these?


Thank you

  • It looks like \mathop{\tt and}\nolimits in plain TeX... Dec 30, 2013 at 15:45
  • What about \wedge?
    – ppr
    Dec 30, 2013 at 16:02
  • can you cite a published reference where these are used, please? (an arXiv article or other on-line reference would be most convenient.) Dec 30, 2013 at 16:04
  • It's my homework assignment: cw.felk.cvut.cz/wiki/_media/courses/ae4m33rzn/fl_assignment.pdf Here are lecture slides: cw.felk.cvut.cz/wiki/_media/courses/ae4m33rzn/…
    – Messa
    Dec 30, 2013 at 16:07
  • 1
    the example shown in the slides (p.49 according to adobe reader) appears to use \underset (from amsart) as the "S" is clearly not snugged up into the wedge. but it's probably somewhat a matter of taste, so the answer by @StevenSegletes seems to satisfy that condition. (but it isn't a new symbol to be considered by unicode, which is why i asked for a reference.) Dec 30, 2013 at 16:36

2 Answers 2


This keeps the "S" and "L" in non-italic upshape, as given in your example.

$ a \mathrel{\stackunder[-1pt]{$\wedge$}{\tiny L}} 
  b \mathrel{\stackunder[-1pt]{$\wedge$}{\tiny S}} c$

enter image description here


If you don't need them in subscripts or superscripts, here's a way:




$a\landl b\lands c$

enter image description here

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .