I just had this same problem. I was able to solve it by going to my "main.tex" and selecting "Options->Define Current Document as 'Master Document'".
It seems the error was caused because when I selected a chapter/section in the "Structure" pane, or right-clicked and selected "Jump to pdf", it was looking for "current_file.pdf", which didn't exist, instead of "main.pdf".
It's possible that this won't actually serve as a fix for you, but hopefully leaving this as an answer will be useful to someone.
(I don't know if this will work with the "Use a 'build' subdirectory" option, though I imagine it should. I wanted to use that myself, but that feature I found, while perhaps not literally buggy, is too messy to make it worth it: having to manually first create the directory for every project, having to manually edit the command-line options for all pdfLaTeX, XeLaTeX, LuaLaTeX, LaTeXMK, etc.. None of these are big deals, but then again, neither was having a "build" subdirectory, so I just decided to not waste my time.)