When I write a document in Arabic it behaves differently than in English when it comes to highlighting words misspelled. Consider the screenshot below:
- Arabic comma right after the target word, though correctly spelled, was red underlined
- Arabic comma one space after the target word, though output not accepted, was correct
- English comma right after the target word, was correct
- When no comma, everything is fine
- When the target word was misspelled, was red underlined as expected
Obviously, the first case is a bug that needs to be fixed, meaning that every occurrence followed by an Arabic comma would usually invoke a misspelling error and highlighting which is rather problematic.
It seems to be that the editor does not regard the Arabic comma
،(pointing upwards usually) as an English comma
, but as a part of the preceding word, which leads to all this mess.
Is there any fix for that?
TeXstudio 2.7.0 (hg 4307+:7e7903c73aac+)
A ticket was opened in TexStudio to fix this bug:
#702 Spellchecking in Arabic does not regard the Arabic comma as a comma
Copy & Paste
هنا كتابة النص باللغة العربية، للتأكد من الاملاء باللغة العربية