I tried today to update my install, and tlmgr does not want to cooperate:
$ tlmgr update --all Unknown tag: runfiles si at /work/usr/texlive/2010/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPOBJ.pm line 241, <TMP> line 105460
What can the problem be? How can I fix this?
TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, and related typesetting systems. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
Please, do not replace
texlive.tlpdb from your installation with
texlive.tlpdb.be17af42b38bde18ed074dc333c8326e or any such file! This file is a cached copy of the package database from the remote repository, kept to speed up network operations (it is downloaded only if it changes). The long hexadecimal number is a hash of the repository location, from which this file came. Your local
texlive.tlpdb is not the same as the one from the repository and should not be replaced by it. Instead, you can regenerate it by calling (the output goes to stdout):
tlmgr recreate-tlpdb > texlive.tlpdb
I had a look on this now. The error message seems to be caused by a defect
texlive.tlpdb data base file, most likely caused by an interrupted download. The
runfiles si should actually be
runfiles size=<number>. You need to replace this file with a good one.
It is normally located in the
tlpkg directory of your TeXLive installation, which is
/usr/local/texlive/2010/tlpkg for me, but seems to be
/work/usr/texlive/2010/tlpkg for you.
Look into this directory, there should be a backup file named like
texlive.tlpdb.be17af42b38bde18ed074dc333c8326e (the last part is a random hexadecimal number and will be most likely different for you). Copy that file over the
texlive.tlpdb file and try it again.
If this doesn't work download the DB file manually, e.g. from http://www.tex.ac.uk/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb, and replace the existing file. This should fix your problem.