I searched on Detextify, but I cannot find the symbol

    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |

in LaTeX. There is \perp with only one vertical line. I look for a symbol which looks exactly like \perp, but has two vertical lines.

Thanks in advance.


1 Answer 1


There is at least one font that has two variants of what you're asking for: MdSymbol. They're \upvDash(= \Vbar) and a shorter one, \upmodels. See my answer to a similar question. MnSymbol has only the latter.

As you may not want to replace every math symbol with those from MdSymbol, you can look at the answers here to learn how to use just a few symbols from a different font.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .