I'm not sure what the word I need to search for is, to find help if this question has already been answered.


In magazines it's common to pick out words from the middle of a body of text and repeat them in larger font, with the rest of the text flowing around the "\mbox{}".

callout blurb

How do I make such floating "standout" text—not necessarily in red circles? What is the proper phrase to search for that identifies this way of emphasising short bits of text?

  • 2
    Like this: tex.stackexchange.com/questions/53073/…? – olga.saucedo Jun 3 '14 at 3:25
  • 1
    With LaTeX this is going to be very hard, as it is really tricky to combine TeX's mechanism for "run around text" (\parshape) with the positioning of the elements to be run around on the page. I've written a commercial package which can do this, so it's possible with TeX. For LaTeX probably the flowfram package is the nearest you can get. – Stephan Lehmke Jun 3 '14 at 4:18
  • Thanks @olga.saucedo, pull quote is the correct word I should be using here. – isomorphismes Jun 3 '14 at 4:26