2

Recently I added a name in my bibliography file with the letter É. When I tried to compile, Texstudio gave me the following code:

Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:É. not set up for use with LaTeX N.~Nisan, T.~Roughgarden, É.

My first step was to change the letter to E in the bibliography file (Jabref) but the error did not go away. Even after deleting the complete entry from the bibliography I still get the same error.

My Latex document contains the following bibliography formatting:

\usepackage[comma, sort&compress]{natbib} % Use the natbib reference package - read up on this to edit the reference style; if you want text (e.g. Smith et al., 2012) for the in-text references (instead of numbers), remove 'numbers' which was after square 

%Underneath should help with citing an article's title....
\def\mybibtexdatabase{Bibliography}

\usepackage{usebib}
\newbibfield{title}
\bibinput{\mybibtexdatabase}

In what way can I get rid of the error message?

edit:

I found out that the file main.bbl (my main latex file is main.tex) still contained the bibliography entry that gave the error. When I deleted the entry from that file everything was able to compile again.

This solves my question.

closed as off-topic by cfr, Ian Thompson, percusse, jubobs, Jesse Jun 15 '14 at 22:24

  • This question does not fall within the scope of TeX, LaTeX or related typesetting systems as defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Welcome to TeX.SX! You can have a look at our starter guide to familiarize yourself further with our format. We'd like to keep answers separate from questions, so you should write a separate answer instead of editing your answer into the question. Self-answers are perfectly admissible, and a well-written answer may earn you additional reputation. – Martin Schröder Jun 15 '14 at 21:42
  • possible duplicate of Strange persisting error, even after removing the code. – cfr Jun 15 '14 at 21:44
  • 1
    Please, add a minimal working example (MWE) showing the problem; in particular the bibliographic entry that causes the problem. – egreg Jun 15 '14 at 21:49
  • 2
    This question appears to be off-topic because it is about a user-specific file issue that is resolved by creating the .bbl file again. – percusse Jun 15 '14 at 22:16
  • Compiling with biblatex+biber would allow any unicode character… – Bernard Jun 15 '14 at 22:53